Legendary is the highest and the rarest tier for a Hero and with just 13 Heroes as of July 26, 2020 (Update 5.0).
Legendary Heroes must be unlocked at a base Star Rating of 4 except for Black Manta, Suicide Squad Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad Enchantress and Justice League Superman. They also require the same amount of Shards to unlock and/or promote them to a Star Rating of 5 and 6. With the introduction of Martian Manhunter into the game, all Legendary Heroes can now be unlocked at 3 Stars.
|Star Rating||Required Shards||Cumulative Total|
The most common way to unlock and/or promote Legendary Heroes is by buying Chests. These include;
- Hero Chest*
- 0.34% Legendary Hero
- Platinum Chest*
- 0.75% Darkseid Hero
- 0.75% Arkham Knight Batman
- JL Superman Legendary Hero Chest*
- 3% Justice League Superman Hero
- 5% Brainiac Hero Shards
- Ultimate Arkham Knight Batman Chest*
- World Domination Duo Chest
- 2% Collector of World Superman Hero
- 8% Batman Ninja Gorilla Grodd Hero
- Batman Ninja Gorilla Grodd
- Collector of Worlds Superman
- The probabilities given are, only for obtaining Legendary Heroes or Shards.
- Black Manta has a 1% chance (0.75% chance for other Legendary Heroes) to be received from the Platinum Chest, with platinum, the metal, often being expected to be a tier above silver and gold.
- The equivalent of this tier in the first game is "Nth Metal", often simply called "Metal" characters.
- Arkham Knight Batman is the only Legendary Hero that has appeared in the same game for a couple of years. 7 other Legendary Heroes have been added at different times in 2019 and 2020:
- Darkseid: April 2019
- Brainiac: July 2019
- Batman Ninja Gorilla Grodd: August 2019
- Black Manta: October 2019
- Justice League Superman: December 2019
- Suicide Squad Harley Quinn: February 2020
- Enchantress: April 2020
|Silver Gold Legendary|