Block is an action that reduces basic damage taken by 50% and special damage by 25%. It can be performed by tapping the bottom left corner and holding, or holding two fingers on the screen.
Block can allow you to take damage while preserving the combo meter from Basic Attacks.
Block can be disabled by block breaking attacks, such as a crouch attack performed by the opponent swiping down.
Several Might class heroes have an ability (usually the special 2) that functions as an enhanced block (with various names, see below). While using this ability, power is continuously drained at 1 bar per second, increased by certain enemy effects (Horrific Scarecrow, Multiverse Black Lightning, and Black Adam's Storm Cloud). Damage is greatly reduced and additionally reflected based on the level on the ability. They all require 1 bar of power to initiate and have the same icon.
Enhanced block starts at 30% incoming damage reflected, and -60% incoming damage, with both increasing 0.5% per level, up to 64.5% reflection and -94.5% incoming damage. Due to how percentage damage reduction works mathematically, instead of diminishing returns on each level, it actually becomes more powerful with each upgrade (level 1 to 2 essentially reduces 1.25% more damage from -60% to -60.5%, while level 69 to 70 reduces 8.333% from -94% to -94.5%).
Reflect damage ignores enemy defence, and it also ignores your own defence when calculating how much damage is reflected.
- Wonder Woman (Shield Block)
- Warrior Queen Wonder Woman (Shield Block)
- Amazon Wonder Woman (Bracelet Block)
- Mythic Wonder Woman (Bracelet Block)
- Gorilla Grodd (character) (Psi Shield) (all versions)
- Superman (character) (Super Block) (all versions)
There are additionally several mechanical differences with enhanced block:
- They can be activated as long as the hero is standing, even if they are being staggered by blows, including specials. Specials that knock the opponent into the air (such as Harley Quinn's Bullet Frenzy) will prevent enhanced block from being used if the hero isn't blocking during that launching hit.
- Enhanced block cannot be disabled by crouch attacks or block breaking attacks.
- Enhanced block is an ability that has the same global cooldown when used same as all other abilities. They also cannot be used when specials are disabled, or during Unbreakable Cyborg or Primal Swamp Thing's revival animations (therefore, you must use normal block to avoid being knocked down).
- Enhanced block can still be used when normal block is disabled by Sonic Black Canary's Sonic Blast.
- Enhanced block is not negated by Lethal attacks.
- Enhanced block functions as a special attack that can be interrupted, such as against Dark Supergirl's passive.
- Doctor Fate used to reduce the rate of enhanced block power drain to 0.5 bars per second but no longer does so.
- The damage reduction for basic attacks and specials have been switched from the first Injustice Mobile, presumably due to basic attacks' much higher damage potential in Injustice 2 Mobile.